Monday, November 13, 2006

Ferres Goes With A Bang

Brett Ferres today left the Bulls with a trail of blood behind him! He took one huge parting shot at the club's recruitment system, lambasting them for prioritising foreigners over homegrown players. He said:

"I was really happy with how I'd gone and it never crossed my mind that I'd be moving on," Ferres explained.
continued...

"But Steve (McNamara) wanted Solomona and it seemed he would do anything to get him."

One can only be inclined to agree, I for one never expected Brett Ferres to be leaving the club at the end of this season, given the good form he was in. I also agree with the points he's making, which have been true about this club now for a number of years. I seem to remember a similar parting shot from Lee Gilmour, calling the club the Bradford Kiwis. One can only ponder what players like Matt James will think at these actions the club have took to get their hands on Solomona.

No comments: